Enjoy Summer Inuyama Sightseeing!
Inuyama city, famous for its castle and the tea house, has some attractive events in summer.
Though the famous event of all is the “Inuyama Festival” in April, the summer events are also worth-seeing. Check out the enjoyable experience you can join, and enjoy the summer in the Japanese-style way!
Summer Events in Inuyama 2015
- Enjoy Inuyama Sightseeing in Yukata! 8/1-31 1.In Yukata, you can visit the Inuyama Castle & Urakuen FREE!
- Enjoy Japanese Hanabi Festivals at Kiso River! 1.Kiso River Long-run Hanabi Fireworks (8/1-9)
- Enjoy Watching Cormorant Fishing! Kiso River is popular for the Daytime/Night cormorant fishing
- Enjoy Rafting on Kiso River! http://www.jah.ne.jp/~rafting/kraft.htm (Website in Japanese)
- Maybe, You Might See Sumo Wrestlers! Sumo Wrestlers might be training at Zenkoji Temple around July
*need application at the Tourist Information center on the day (8/15-31)
2.In Yukata, you can get a discount at some cafes
*only the specified menu
3.In Yukata, the admission fee for the Museum Meiji-mura will be ¥500 (8/1, 2, 8, 9, 12-16, 22, 23, 29, 30)
*the original price is ¥1,700
Strolling around in Yukata (summer casual Kimono) will surely make your visit exciting!
http://www.meitetsu.co.jp/files/osusume/inuyama-sanpo/campaign/01/index.html(Campaign website in Japanese)
*One of the shops for Yukata rental;
Naganuma Kimono Nagoya
(just in front of the Nagoya station, in the building next to Big Camera)
http://www.naganuma-kimono.co.jp/kimonohitotoki/campaign/nagoya.html (Japanese website)
*need reservation, may not speak foreign languages, includes a set of yukata and dressing
*starts around 19:50
2.Line Summer Hanabi Festival (8/10)
*starts around 19:30
*need reservation, some discount tickets may be available at the Meitetsu Line station